The cream-coloured building on the left was the Pitt and Nelson public house. This dates back to 1685 and was originally called the Smithies. Later it was the Grapes, then the White Hart. It became the Pitt and Nelson in 1807, after the deaths of William Pitt and Lord Nelson.
See Google Street View of this location.
(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)