P h o t o B l o g

Monday 11 March 2013

A Cold Walk


Yesterday was such a lovely sunny day that I just couldn't sit at home. I felt the urge to take a walk along the hills between Ashton and Mossley.

What I hadn't realised was just how cold it would be up there on Brown Edge. A strong easterly wind was blowing up the steep hill to my left. It was so strong that I was having to lean into the wind! It had snowed the night before but, as you can see, only the very tops of the hills have any snow to show for it.

In spite of the bright sun during my walk yesterday, today was cloudy with heavy snow showers throughout the day, which is very unseasonal for mid March in this area.

Below the hill to the left you can see part of the town of Mossley. Ashton is out of shot off to the right. The block on the summit of the hill is an Ordnance Survey trig point, used in the making of maps before the arrival of satellite technology.

(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)

"A Cold Walk" is my contribution to this week's "My World" feature. Please check out the other blogs participating in this week's My World.

1 comment:

  1. Now thats the kind of scene I dont see much of any more!

    Wonderful.

    http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

If you are not able to sign in with a Blogger/Google etc account, then please click on "Name/URL" and type in your name or nickname.

If you have no URL you can leave that part blank.

Please do not post as "Anonymous".

If you are a spammer, please note: Most spam messages are filtered out automatically. The few that get through are deleted. Please don't bother.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Add to Technorati Favorites