Today's photo is of Stalybridge Town Hall - or, at least, what's left of it!
The building, which dates from 1831, was demolished after it was found to require major repairs, but the portico surrounding the main entrance was left standing, looking like some sort of folly or monument.
There are two blue plaques on the structure. One commemorates the First General Strike or "Plug Riot" of 1842, which began in this area. The other remembers Joseph Rayner Stephens, a 19th Century philanthropist who lived in Stalybridge and campaigned against the Poor Law and for factory reforms.
See Google Aerial View of this location.
See LiveSearch Birds Eye View of this location.
Service! - London has a large number of waterways, which often presents an issue of the services crossing over. Sometimes, they are hidden in bridges, sometimes not...
8 hours ago