P h o t o B l o g

Sunday 21 February 2010

Sunday Stroll: Dry Stone Wall


(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)

On a recent Sunday stroll up over Quick Edge in Mossley, I spotted this dry stone wall which was in the process of being re-built.

As my previous picture of a dry stone wall near Hartshead Pike had attracted interest, I thought that some of you might be interested to see how these walls are constructed.

I did not venture out with my camera today as it was snowing again and the hills were covered in a layer of white once again.

I apologise for the absence of photos for the last few days and I add this photo today especially for my friend Pete, who has been staring at the photo of the escalator for days now in the hope that it would change!

See Birds Eye View of this location.

2 comments:

  1. Never thought I would be so pleased to see a wall !

    Reminds me of my walling repair attempts on a Marple side-pond.

    An admirable craft well worth learning.

    Many thanks

    Pete

    ReplyDelete

If you are not able to sign in with a Blogger/Google etc account, then please click on "Name/URL" and type in your name or nickname.

If you have no URL you can leave that part blank.

Please do not post as "Anonymous".

If you are a spammer, please note: Most spam messages are filtered out automatically. The few that get through are deleted. Please don't bother.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Add to Technorati Favorites