P h o t o B l o g

Monday 22 February 2010

Town Hall Steps


(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)

A familar location seen from an unusual angle this week. The view is looking down onto the steps of Ashton Town Hall from the window of the Tameside Council Chamber.

You can see one of the two canons that stand beside the steps. We are looking straight up Penny Meadow towards the distant hills that are sporting patches of snow. To the right is the Market Hall.

"Town Hall Steps" is my contribution to this week's "My World" feature. Please check out the other blogs participating in this week's My World.


See Birds Eye View of this location.

10 comments:

  1. I like the angle. It makes the photo very interesting - gives a lot of questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shot of the town hall steps and also the town. You show quite a lot in this picture and I feel like I'm getting a feel for the town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this view of familiar place, I visited the birds eye view to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I had the wrong link to the Bird's Eye view. I have corrected it now. It's a little confusing as it still shows the Market Hall being re-built after the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you're on the highest perch in town. Great photo, and nice idea to link to the bird's eye view as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely look at your world! I love the angle you've used. Terrific capture! Hope you have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo - I like the perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a view, and not one many people get to see, I suspect. Greetings from Italy via My World.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it's nice to see familiar things from different angles, and you did a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete

If you are not able to sign in with a Blogger/Google etc account, then please click on "Name/URL" and type in your name or nickname.

If you have no URL you can leave that part blank.

Please do not post as "Anonymous".

If you are a spammer, please note: Most spam messages are filtered out automatically. The few that get through are deleted. Please don't bother.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Add to Technorati Favorites