The building, which is on Darnton Road, was built in 1861. Behind the Infirmary was Ashton's 1847 Workhouse. The parts of the Infirmary and Workhouse buildings that still stand are now part of Tameside General Hospital, along with a number of large, modern buildings.
No longer being suitable for medical purposes, the Infirmary building now houses administrative offices. The building had large wings containing wards on each side which have been demolished in recent years as part of the modernisation of the hospital site.
See Google Street View of this location.
(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)