The pub dates from around 1817 although it was completely re-built in 1926 after it was taken over by Robinsons brewery. Its Tudor-style timbered gables were a popular feature on pubs built between the wars (such as the Broadoak Hotel).
The Prince of Orange pub could well have been named after William, Prince of Orange, who would have been well known in Britain, leading a Dutch government in exile, and who died a few years before the pub was built.
(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)
See Google Street View of this location.