P h o t o B l o g

Monday 25 June 2012

Moment To Shine!


Sunday was Ashton's "Moment To Shine" as it was the day when the Olympic Torch Relay passed through the town.

Huge crowds lined the streets to observe this spectacle and cheer the torch bearers on their way.

The photo shows the torch being carried down Penny Meadow into the town centre, where it went around the outside of the Market Hall before continuing towards Oldham.

The council laid on entertainment for the crowds on the Market Ground in front of the Town Hall.

See Google Street View of this location.

(Click photo for larger version. Press Back button to return here.)

"Moment To Shine!" is my contribution to this week's "My World" feature. Please check out the other blogs participating in this week's My World.

6 comments:

  1. A great moment!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I was away when the torch came through our part of Canada in 2010, and I still feel I really missed something.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, a great moment indeed! How wonderful to be able to see this! Thanks for sharing it with us today!!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of going but was up a little late and decided against - in view of the huge crowds I'm not sorry I missed it - have seen some of the BBC video of the procession http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day37 - absolutely evryone was taking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved,loved loved the photo. I can't wait for the torch to come through my area. I love the fact that it is travelling so close to the majority of the British population.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been and gone from my area. Pete was the final steward on the Crewe section. Check out --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qrckvGYUiM&list=UUDG5HaLabvkT3ZH3LjIT9ag&index=1&feature=plcp

    Unforgetable !

    ReplyDelete

If you are not able to sign in with a Blogger/Google etc account, then please click on "Name/URL" and type in your name or nickname.

If you have no URL you can leave that part blank.

Please do not post as "Anonymous".

If you are a spammer, please note: Most spam messages are filtered out automatically. The few that get through are deleted. Please don't bother.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Add to Technorati Favorites