The former Methodist Church on Alexandra Road was purchased in 1968 by Charlestown Mission, a branch of the Albion United Reform Church. The Mission has started life in 1862 a room made from two cottages, moving to an old mill on Wellington Road, before having its own premises built on York Street in 1867. York Street was cleared in the 1960s and its site is now part of the current bus station.
The Mission is very active, with services held at each Sunday and a range of activities during the week for various ages.
Dusk - A view of the Millennium Bridge from the north side of the river.
10 hours ago